Second Sunday after Easter (April 22): Good Shepherd Sunday/Third Sunday of Easter (OF)



The Gospel in the Extraordinary Form this Sunday is St John 10:11-16:

"11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives his life for his sheep. But the hireling and he that is not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flies: and the wolf casts and scatters the sheep, 13 and the hireling flies, because he is a hireling: and he has no care for the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd: and I know mine, and mine know me. 15 As the Father knows me, and I know the Father: and I lay down my life for my sheep. 16 And other sheep I have that are not of this fold: them also I must bring. And they shall hear my voice: And there shall be one fold and one shepherd."

In the Ordinary Form the Gospel is St Luke 24:35-48.

No comments: