Easter Sunday and the Easter Octave


Happy Easter!

This week is one long joyous Sunday so far as the Office goes.

In essence, the psalms and antiphons of Sunday are said throughout the Octave, the only changes being, so far as the day hours go, to the Benedictus and Magnificat antiphons and the collects.

Note, though, that at Mass, there is a Gospel set for each day this week, and at Matins there are patristic readings on it.

This week in the Benedictine Office in summary

Sunday April 20  – Easter Sunday, Class I with a Class I Octave
Monday April 21 - Monday in the Octave of Easter, Class I 
Tuesday April 22 – Tuesday in Octave of Easter, Class I
Wednesday April 23 - Wednesday in the Octave of Easter, Class I 
Thursday April 24 – Thursday in the Octave of Easter, Class I
Friday April 25 – Friday in the Octave of Easter, Class I 
Saturday April 26 – White Saturday in the Octave of Easter, Class I 

You can find the more detailed instructions for the Office this week here.

No comments: