|Codex Egberti, c10th|
This Sunday is the Third Sunday after Epiphany in the EF/traditional Benedictine calendar, and the Third Sunday in Ordinary Time in the OF.
This week in the traditional Benedictine and EF calendars
This Sunday's Gospel is St Matthew 8:1-13, Our Lord heals a leper and the Centurion's servant.
- Sunday Jan 22 - St Vincent of Saragossa, memorial EF: also St Anastasius of Persia, martyr)
- Monday Jan 23 - St Emerentiana, memorial, foster sister of St Agnes, killed by pagans while praying at her sister's grave (EF: St Raymond of Pennafort);
- Tuesday Jan 24 - St Timothy, bishop, memorial;
- Wednesday, Jan 25 - Conversion of St Paul, Class III;
- Thursday, Jan 26 - St Polycarp, Bishop and martyr, memorial;
- Friday, Jan 27 - St John Chrysostom, Bishop and Doctor of the Church, Class III;
- Saturday, Jan 28 - St Cyril of Alexandria, Bishop and Doctor of the Church, Class III (EF: St Peter Nolasco).
This week's Gospel is St Mark 1:14-20.
- Tuesday 22 January, St Frances de Sales;
- Wednesday 23 January, The Conversion of St Paul; St Cadoc (English Congregation);
- Thursday, January 26: SS Angela Merici, Timothy and Titus (OF); St. Robert, St. Alberic and St. Stephen, abbots of Citeaux - Optional Memorial (Benedictine Confed);
- Saturday, January 28: St Thomas Aquinas.